View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Motor31

I am also rather sensitive to light when trying to sleep. The shades in the bedroom are pretty good but there is still light leakage around the edges of the shade. The shades do not seal all that well on the ends. If she is still having problems you can do what I did. Foil the windows by the bed. The mirror above the countertop does a great job of shutting the light out on the other side. I have found that using the sliding door partially closed and the pleated curtain next to the bed also do a good job of blocking the light from the main trailer areas.

One thing that will really bother her is the shower skylight. No matter what you do to the windows, unless you do something to seal the skylight it's going to light up the room as soon as the sun starts to rise. I cut an old windshield folding sun block and put it above the sliding shade in the shower. That made enough of a block to allow me to sleep past dawn. I never understood why the manufacturers think block out shades are going to work when they put a freaking skylight in the bedroom with the shower located close to the bed.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote