View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:00 AM   #6
JtC

wingnut:
It is a residential fridge (I remember being disappointed when I was told it wouldn't run on LP like the one in our Casita did).

My TV is a 2015 F-250 Lariat 4X4 PSD with the camper/RV package. According to the sticker it has dual heavy duty alternators and of course being a diesel it has two batteries.

When we got home Sunday the gear lifted the 5vr with no problem and no low power warning. So it seems like there was a little charging going on?I dunno.

We take the 5vr out at least once monthly and often twice -as much as we can. I normally plug it into household 120 via adaptors 50A to 30A to household plug -that's just the stuff I have- to get the fridge cold.The battery cut out is always "off" and the inverter is never "on".I just now remembered that this time it was very hot inside so I attempted to turn on the ceiling vent fan and it would not open or run, though it tried. I was perplexed because I was plugged in to 120 and thought it should run.Thanks to you, wingnut, I now know better.The battery had to have been dead because the fan worked great as soon as we set up at the park.Again, seems like the battery charged as we traveled.Based on what happened when we left, the battery being low, it seems like it did not charge.You are right.Electrical problems are very exasperating.

I intend to get the batteries check in the next day or two and I will post what I find. Thanks again. The education is greatly appreciated.
JtC is offline   Reply With Quote