View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #3
george in azle

I am guessing that you will be taking the occasional trip rather than full-timing.

If that's the case have you considered using a digital cell phone to gain access to the internet when you travel?

I keep a PC in my fifth wheel and also have one mounted full time in my truck and connect one of two ways while on the road:
1. To a Wifi hotspot, whether on the road or at a campground.
2. Using my Sprint digital phone and data cable whether at a campground or while driving down the road.

More times than not, a campground charges rediculous fees for their Wifi access so if I am in a digital cell, I simply plug my cell phone into the USB port via the data cable and surf to my hearts content. My calling plan has free minutes after 7PM weekdays and weekends so it costs nothing during these times. Other times it simply costs me my minutes.

The digital high speed connection is not to be confused with phone "modem" speeds since it bypasses the modem in the PC and is a LOT faster.

There is nothing like driving down the highway and the passenger/copilot is checking email and or surfing the internet with the phone hookup.
george in azle is offline   Reply With Quote