View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
terry and jo

Hot Water Heater Issues

OK. I seem to have a problem that "probably" just needs a little tip that I have either forgotten or can't seem to find in the manuals. Even though our MS is brand new still, I can't seem to get the hot water to heat water.

When we were first checking out the unit for any glitches, I hooked up the water and checked for the operation of gas burners at the cook-top. So, I have electricity and water and gas, but I can't get hot water. Initially, I tried it with electric, but no luck. Then I tried it with gas, and I never could see the hot water heater burner to light. So, no hot water that way either.

I tried troubleshooting, checked the on/off switch in the exterior compartment where the burner is located, checked the switch in the "closet" under the clock. Nothing.

So, when we took the unit back to the dealer to have them address the issues that we had with the fifth wheel, the hot water heater issue was on the list.

Later, the dealership informs me that they could find nothing wrong with the hot water heater, and that everything worked. So, I figured that there was some dumb thing that I had missed.

We brought it home, hooked up water, electric and verified that the gas was on. Still have a good flame at the cooktop, but no hot water.

It isn't like I am ignorant of such things. I used to deliver propane and have plenty of experience with pilot lights, burners in hot water heaters, cook stoves, heaters, etc. I somewhat understand electrical issues too.

So, any ideas as to what I am missing?

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote