View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #10
RodeWorthy

Hi rdgent,
Thank you very much for your alert regarding the Fantastic Fans. Sorry I could not reply right away -I was off to the factory again.

You bring up a good point about the thermostatic control which I overlooked before. I am not so interested in the rain sensor but would like thermostatic control. In fact, Fantastic has a model that fits my needs but it is not offered by Doubletree.

I had planned to put vent covers over the Fantastic fans and therefore would not need the rain sensors (I would like to have ventilation while it is raining). However, looking at these covers at Camping World it appears the covers interfere with the fan cover opening completely. That is not so good. I believe the Fantastic people are sensitive to having their fans shrouded with these 3rd-party covers.

I am interested to know how many feel it is useful to have two Fantastic fans or is it satisfactory to have the Fantastic fan in the kitchen with the Create-a-Breeze in the bedroom. Are there add-on covers that do not interfere with the original fan covers?

Rodeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgent
On Heatpump issue I have not seen any model other than
15,000 BTU available.
Make sure you order Fantastic fans (with rain sensor) in
order to get thermostatically controled units.
Without rain sensor is only on-off switch.
You can add thermostat to regular fans but it is not a reostat type.
Edited for spelling
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote