View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
bstark

Gosh Mike; since it was my post suggesting Paul and Kay Cross be resorted to as PDI performers I guess I'm left to conclude I'm the cheerleader you're scathingly attacking?

Here's an idea for your future reference: search "past posts" to glean exactly how much of a cheerleader I've been and you'll find I've posted my share of indictments about the quality of Doubletree/DRV products.

I've fostered discussion as early as 05 on everything from torque settinghs on screw guns being set for one screw and left at that. Mine was one of the rigs where nearly every screw holding exterior trim pieces had their heads torgued off.

Sliding door falling into basement storage area, aluminum angle worn through where it contacted center roller supports under kitchen slideout, bedroom vanity support rails coming away from cabinetry, nail putty the wrong colour, shower skylight leaking, I even posted a heads up about the bathroom vent fan not being ducted to the roof vent so moisture laden air from shower would simply be exhausted into attic space and subsequently soak the insulation.

Wheel fender trim splitting, storage doors gas lift cylinders separating from doors, light switch to halogen light bar in kitchen heating up to point of emitting fumes, too many high draw items on one breaker when space is available in panel for additional breakers, outside junction boxes under slideouts filling with water sprayed up from tires.

These are just some of the issues I had and posted vociferously about on this forum before the SOITC even came into being so before you assume everyone on here is a cheerleader for the brand please step back and consider where this new owner is now standing and perhaps you could leave the vitriol behind for once and consider how best to help new owners rather than simply castigate previous owners trying to help them.

I stand by my recommendation to utilize Paul's business, and will go one further; negotiate it into the deal at the agreed to price beforehand.

IF someone has already decided to purchase and has ordered one what earthly purpose are you serving by going on a non-productive rant?