View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 03:11 AM   #7
Joezilla

DavidnRenee,

We special ordered our Select Suites in June/July of 2011. It arrived at the dealer in October of 2011. It is a 2012. It had the big slide that scratched/gouged the tiles coming in and going out. It had 2 air conditioners that sounded like jet airplanes. We refused the coach and even rehooked our old coach and took off from the dealership. We weren't 15 miles down the road before we got a call from the dealer and then 2 or 3 DRV vice presidents asking/begging us to accept the coach and they would fix any problems. We did end up accepting it, and headed to the factory from Tennessee where they replaced 16 different tiles, adjusted the slide by adding rollers (imagine sending out a coach where the biggest slide had no rollers on it.), and replaced one of the a/c's. They paid our expenses to get to the factory.

We had the other a/c replaced a month or so later under warranty. We had the entire underbelly insulation removed due to a constant drip from the water filter that wasn't discovered until after we left the factory. I will say this though for DRV, whenever we had the above problems, they were very quick to own up to them and repay us for any out of pocket expenses.

We will be in the market for another RV in another 3 to 4 years ( we've had this one two years now), hopefully the Suites will be better made so that these types of problems do not happen……….I can hope, can't I?

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote