View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 01:23 AM   #18
MDTdriver

Trucks

I posted last Aug. but I see you have more info to deal with.
A class 4 truck no mater what brand, after adding cargo,fuel and passengers plus loading the 5er will put the truck at close to max carring wt. And then you have to STOP all that wt.
We got our MDT to Stop the wt. more than to pull the wt. It does both ver well.
Our MDT is 22ft. long the same as our old GMC 1 ton crew cab long bed.
I have weighed our MDT several times in the last 4 years at present the scale wt is 14,600 5er wt 16,000 I have tested the stoping power of my MDT with out 5er brakes at several speeds (it has a Jake brake) I could stop for red lights and quick stops at freeway speeds, now this is not a thing to do all the time, it is hard on the truck brakes but it does work.
I have 80,000 miles with original brakes.
My wife is disabled and can climb into our truck which is a Low Pro International 4700. You can find one or more of these in a camp ground to look at.
If you look under MDT postings with my sig. there are pictures of my truck. One more thing if you get anything larger than 1 ton you will need an air ride hitch or pin box which I have and have had no pin box frame problems in the 4 years of pulling around the USA.
We have been pulling 5er's since 1986 with one MH for 11 years in this preiod.
Good Luck keep up the good researsh.

Larry & Kathy
Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote