View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
2 DA WDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone
"Talked again with the dealer"......

Not to make any sales types mad, but I believe there is a saying about how to tell when sales folks are lying....

Best thing to do is weigh the unit at a truck scale as soon as you pick it up, before you put so much as a coffee cup in the cabinet, then mentally add 2-3000 pounds for your "stuff", then look at what your truck is rated to safely tow (read "stop"), and make your decision about the correct truck for your situation. Been there, done that.

Regards
Gemstone
2 things.

The comment on the sales folks was the first thing that popped into my head when I read that post.

The comment about read what your truck is rated to 'safely' tow. Here comes the 'things that make you go hmmmm?'.
All stuff I see on the trucks is how much they can tow. if you look at specs for a F-350 with a gas engine it can tow X number of pounds. If you look at a F-350 with a diesel engine it can tow X more pounds than the gas version. So, if just changing the engine changes the amount you can tow. What does the tow rating actually mean? It apparently only relates to what the truck can pull.
From all the weight police, for lack of a better term, posts I've read the main concern is stopping, not pulling. Are there any specs out there for stopping ability of the various size trucks? Do you take into consideration the brakes on the Suite, standard, large or disc?
2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote