View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 08:39 AM   #4
OCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjogan View Post
A little apprehensive about the pin weight. I talked to DRV and they claim the unloaded pin weight is 4,400 pounds. Seems a bit heavy.
Thanks for your input.

I don't have a Toy hauler so I can't comment about transferring the weight off the pin as you load the garage. But I have 41 foot DRV with Generator and double of set batteries that weights around 20,000# but always weights in with 5,000# on the pin. That is 25% and it seems DRV all run 20-25% on the pin.

I didn't expect that much weigh in the pin when I ordered mine. I had a F350 Dually. That combination didn't like like going down hill into curves so started looking for a used Class 4 or 5. My wife has been happy with the Class 5 every since a fellow in an older Class A pulling a car ran a STOP sign pulling in front of me and I had no where to go. No crash but clean underwear needed in about 3 vehicles.
I looked up Townsend TN and I would consider a heavier vehicle. Are dealing with RV's for Less? Good people and I bought from them. Are they picking up there own RV's at the factory? If so what are they using now.

Clay 2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas
OCB is offline   Reply With Quote