View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #4
Suite Sweets

CW not doing repairs on my unit, either

Re CW working on units: My final experience with them - bad converter. They wanted $800 for the part, plus $75 install. We purchased on line for $200 from a retailer. When I questioned management about the God-awful markup (figuring their cost would have been about $150), they said they followed 'corporate' pricing requirement, and that was the markup that 'corporate' required. CW was first to the marketplace with a nationwide RV chain. Combining with Good Sam and Trailer Life was a marketing coup. They've positioned them selves to take advantage of the marketplace, and they do. We find out things break when we use them - not while they are sitting. So, we're on vacation, the cost of the repair is small in comparison to ruining the family vacation. CW pricing is like some of the pharmaceutical company's. But because they are advantaging the well-off (let's face if, if you've got the money to be RVing, you're well off), rather than the sick and infirm, it is not likely there will be a Congressional outcry.
Suite Sweets is offline   Reply With Quote