View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
TinyLivinKim

LCI (Lippert) Leveling System-Retracting

Hi All! I am a newbie. Bought are Montana 2 months ago and we are living in it full-time to save $$$. We are in the process of buying a truck to pull this mother-load.

The problem: Re-Level (Start over) w/o a truck???

The Story:

Last week I had to re-level, as we could tell there was a slope front-2-back. So after I hit "Auto-Level" I manually raised the front, just an inch or so and verified all was level by going inside and placing the level on the stove. However, a couple days later we noticed the rear right tire was off the ground a little over an inch.

I researched online a bit and read that if wheels are off the ground, it isn't a big deal for a few days. It will just be annoying b/c of swaying. BUT if over a week, then you should re-level.

Yesterday, we decided to try and re-level. I hit "Auto-Level" and now both rear tires are 3-4 inches off the ground! I made it worse! lol

From my understanding after reading the manual, the Lippert System allows you to manual retract the front but doesn't allow you to retract the rear...and i don't want to retract all of them...

How can i fix this? Can i retract all of them w/o being hooked to a truck?? Is this a stupid question? lol My hunny said that we can't...but we are newbies so i have no idea...
TinyLivinKim is offline   Reply With Quote