View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
morscuba

Sounds as though you have given your home on wheels a lot of thought. You are doing exactly what I did.. I got the things that were important to me. I have had many comments ie; Why didn't you get the ladder and roof rack??? ummm cause I have to carry a ladder with me to wash the front,,why didn't you get the over the slide covers,,etc etc. I do wish I would have preped for the generator because I could have had a plug-in the front as well as the back. I do miss my generator I had with my Alfa Toyhouse but am using two Honda 2000's that run everything just fine..Well one AC and everythng else. I am happy as can be with my inverter and the 4 6 volts.. Its a must if your going to do any boondocking. I also had 4 300 watt solar panels installed (non factory). I will be upgrading my battery's to AGM sometime this summer. I ended up getting the standard entertainment systems and am very happy with them. Anyway you sound like your getting what is important to you.
Upgrading all the important stuff suspension, tires, hitch is the only way to go. I am also very happy with the hitch the factory installed. I towed a 700 lb motorcycle and trailer, but tow a smartcar behind the suite (mc sits behind the cab now)
Good luck. Oh yeah I got a great deal from the folks at Liberty RV in Liberty Missouri.