View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #10
OB

bstark;
I sort of agree with you about the tire flexing and OK on getting the unit weighed at the rally. OK now what will you do after you find out what the weight on each tire is ? Will you use the tire manufacturers load inflation tables to determine the cold inflation pressures? Or pump em up to 110 pounds because thats the max load carrying capacity as printed on the tire?

I have been running Michelin XPS load range "E" tires on my Dodge dually and an 1989, 40 ft LondonAire with no problems. I have been inflating those tires to what Michelin recommends in their load inflation tables. I have been getting around 80,000 miles out of a set on my Pickup. Don't know about mileage on the trailer tires as I haven't kept track on that. One is dated in the middle of 2000 and the other three are dated early 2004.

I recently sold the LondonAire and bought an 04 MS 36TK3 with GY 614 "G" rated tires on it. Had the MS weighed on a set of Cat scales and again by a DOT officer who weighed each tire with a set of portable scales. Looking at the GY load inflation tables, the tires should be inflated to 90 pounds on the dinette side and 95 pounds on the kitchen side. This is what I have inflated them to. I will be going from Pensacola to the SKP, LOW up in Bowling green Ky next month. So I guess we will see what happens on that trip with those inflations.

So what am I driving at with this long post? I'm trying to say I think the manufacturers know what the proper inflation pressures are, for what weights are being carried by each tire. I have followed them with good results on the Michelin tires and am hoping for the same with the GoodYears.

Would appreciate your views.
Best regards
OB
04 36TK3 #1207 w/5th airborne pin hitch
OB is offline   Reply With Quote