View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
RodeWorthy

Shurflo Extreme 5.7 Water Pump

For sure the Shurflo Extreme 5.7 GPM Water Pump has not been a roaring success for Shurflo.

I too have had multiple failures (3) but to date I have not had to pay a nickle for replacements -- Shurflo has been very good about honouring the warranty. I have been lucky to be in a good place when the pumps failed.

After 3 failures of the Extreme 5.7 (all failures were different) I opted to accept a different model in exchange for the latest failed 5.7. The latest pump is a 3 GPM model with a mechanical as opposed to an electronic control system. It has a new 3-year warranty. I was ecouraged to do this after Carney Bill reported on this forum the success with his similar replacement. Thank you Bill.

I like the new pump. Hardly notice a difference in flow rate and it is quieter. Time will tell how reliable it is. Simpler is better.

Shurflo advised me during my visit to their Elkhart facility in April, 2011 that the Extreme 5.7 will soon be discontinued. A higher volume pump of the same model I got will take its place. That is a new pump and is expected to be available by the end of this year, if not before.

Sorry you have had such out of pocket expense for your problems. The choice to carry a spare comes with a price tag and so far I have resisted.

I admire your honesty to state that you want a refund to buy a competitor's product but if that doesn't work I would recommend you negotiate an exchange of your pump for another model. Shurflo is a good company and they recognize they have a flawed product. Not all their pumps are problematic and they stand behind them all.

Good luck.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote