View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 10:21 PM   #17
Adventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTech View Post
Adventurous , Point taken to your benefits on using the Pro Assist! I guess I'm a bit like Notanlines said, I am like dad now, and shouldn't sound like I jumped to an "assumption" that you wouldn't learn without it! My grandsons are the worst example of wanting it all before they learn to not have it all! At 20 & 21 they both feel they "need" a truck like grandpa. Ha Ha!
The cameras are a dream come true for hookup to a 5th wheel! Even for parking or tight areas & being able to see a low stump/concrete curb etc.
Now, on to the 10 speed: It will, because of what it is, shift a lot when towing depending on terrain. If you use the towing mode, it will stay pretty much in 8th and shift down as needed from there. I understand it's function, & the reasoning, but the truck is very capable of running in 9th and 10th on the hwy without strong headwinds, or elevation changes. And it will react very quickly to a slight pedal pressure to downshift if needed.
As far as driving every day, cruising around 65mph it runs at 1,500 rpms. That's enough to love along with around town 16-17mpg!
As for the ECO mode, I am not convinced that it's even worth the money invested into the programming. If using it while also using CC, we have experienced a wide drop in mph before it will downshift to get back up to speed. This shift will sometimes be from 10th to sixth, or even fifth speed! That's asking for a little whiplash!
Not sure if you're going diesel? We have the newer 7.3 gas, which I'm guessing gets a bit less economy mileage than the diesel?
I'm nearly 40, so I've been around the block enough times to know better than to rely solely on technology! I'm definitely looking at the diesel. Too much time in the mountains. Thanks for the feedback on the transmission!
Adventurous is offline   Reply With Quote