View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #1
Adventurous

Question F-250 Diesel || 2017-2019 vs 2020

Hey everyone! I'm new here, but I'm hoping to get some help from someone who may have experience with multiple model years of the F-250. I've already determined that the F-250 is the truck for me, but deciding on the model year has been a bit more of a challenge. As I'm sure many of you have, I got some pretty major sticker shock with the 2020. My instinct was to get one a few years old to drive the price down $20-30k. HOWEVER, I'm really interested in the 10-speed transmission and the Pro Trailer Backup Assist offered only in the 2020. The former because I plan to travel all over the US and having so many gears to keep me in the right place and help with fuel economy is a win-win. The latter because I'm new to fifth wheel world and the more help I can get with backing the better. I also really like all the camera angles for lining up the hitch (mine is a gooseneck). I'll be getting the crew cab to fit the whole family. I'd like to go with a long bed, but short bed is an option.
Anyway, if anyone has an real life comparison of these model years, please let me know. I just can't decide if the transmission and the backup assist are really worth shelling out $70k.
Adventurous is offline   Reply With Quote