View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 07:40 PM   #6
JustinChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I removed my vacuum breakers. They always leak. Simply hold open the toilet and watch for the water to rise to near the top of the tank. Use a flashlight to see into the hole.

Honestly would not worry about the sensors as they never work!

I fear something may be wrong here. I used the flush inlet to fill the black tank, and it took a LONG time. I'm not even sure I got it full, since the toilet to tank pipe is offset by more than the diameter of the pipe, so I can't actually see into the tank thru the toilet. I filled based on sound, and filled until the sound changed from what sounded like there was splashing to what sounded like simply water running thru the tubing. i assumed this meant the water level had reached the flush tube in the tank.

I kept flushing the toilet, expecting to see the 'burp' bubble when it got full, but I never did get the bubble, and I'm not really sure that's a good sign for full anyway.

The issue is that this took 45 minutes to 'fill' a 38 gallon tank. Seems way too long, but I suppose the few holes in the flusher really restrict the flow, so maybe this is "correct" and that I did get it mostly full and that it did take that long, but it seems wrong.

I added the solution to hopefully loosen the crud, and I hope the water level is actually covering the top sensor. i don't really expect it to work, but it seemed worth a try.

I do wonder if the display will only show the highest level of the sensor it sees as covered, even if lower sensors aren't fouled. i.e. if the lowest 3 sensors are fine, but the top one is bad/covered/fouled, will it show all 4 lights anyway, or would it only show the top light lit, and the lower 3 lights not turn on in this situation? If so, then maybe I only need to clean or replace the top sensor. hard to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
And screw with NOTHING under the sink.

Why not? The vacuum breaker is here, and I still plan to replace it, so I'll have to 'screw with' it. Honestly, it's pretty simple plumbing work. Cut the line that goes past the tank and run it directly into the flusher, then remove all the pex past that point, including the pex that returns from the breaker to the flusher. One cut, one crimp and one connector to tighten, not too difficult really.

What are you worried may go wrong?

I intend to replace ALL the pex in the rig in the near future, as they have about 1000 elbows installed, and many of the runs are way too long between elbows and rub on the floor and the ceiling of the basement, and the whole system is horribly loud when the pump is actually pumping water thru the system. If I close the valve from the tank, the pump will run, trying to re-pressurize the system, but you cannot hear it at all in the rig. It's only loud when it's actually moving water, which tells me it's the pex making the noise, not the pump (which does have rubber isolation bushings on it)
JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote