View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 11:40 AM   #3
JustinChase

Thank you for the help.

I can hear the water running when I use the flush, and it does fill the tank, so I know it's flowing, but there's no way to tell if it's flowing out all the holes, or just 1 or 2, and not spraying the walls very well.

I've purchased a product to help clean the crud off the walls and sensors, but to ensure it has the best chance of working, I need to fill the black tank to cover the top sensor, and I'm not sure the best way to do that, without overfilling. I want to assume that once the tank is full, it will begin to back up into the toilet, so I could see this water level thru the toilet, but that's a big assumption, and being wrong seems like it could cause some leaking at a place I cannot see, or be aware of, so I'm hesitant to try filling the black tank, as I'm just not sure when to know when it's full, since the sensors don't work.

Otherwise, I have been doing as you suggest, drain, fill with flusher port, drain, and repeat until it's mostly clear water. I did this last night, and filled and drained 4 times, and the last one didn't show any solids (paper), but the water wasn't exactly clear, it was still light brown. I guess I'll just do it again today a few more times and see how clear that ends up.

Last thing, if my black tank flusher has a check valve built in (I just purchased it), do I still need the vacuum breaker under the sink? Seems plumbing it directly into the top of my tank might be better/easier, and may allow more pressure thru the flusher. If so I'd like to eliminate this extra plumbing and the potential for failure.

I have 50 PSI coming from the city water supply at this location.

Thanks again for your help and input
JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote