Thread: 'nother newbee
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 11:11 PM   #6
Hanr3

Welcome to the forums.
I'm about 10years from retirement, however I bought a 5er for several reasons.
1) Too see if RVing is something the wife is interested in doing after retirement.
2) I tournament Crappie fish and the camper makes it easier to set up and break camp.
3) Grandkids

I had been researching campers for about 4 years, and last year I finally pulled the trigger. The last straw, was a 95+ degree summer tent camping trip. My oldest son and his two sons came with me. I finally had enough sleeping in my own sweat and decided it was time. Two weeks later I pulled it home. After 50 years of tent camping, it was time.

First trip this year was last weekend, a warm 35 degree weekend with 4-6" of snow in the forecast. The wife tried her hardest to get a hotel room, but we ended up in the camper, no place to park the camper at the hotel and no dogs allowed. We had to take it in for a warranty recall on the awning controller. I wanted to get it repaired before the season started. Which for me is typically next weekend, first Crappie tournament of the season.

Welcome to the site. Ask all the questions you want. There is a ton of information to be learned and buying the camper is just the beginning. You need a tow vehicle capable of hauling the unit you buy. You will need sewage hose, and the list goes on...
Hanr3 is offline   Reply With Quote