View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #16
astrahsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
First, if not auto-level, then the unit must be leveled side/side using blocks (1 & 2" x 8" wood is common) before unhitching. If unlevel s/s, and you can't move it, you will have to jack the low side up and put something under the tires.
Then, you use the front jacks to raise/lower the unit until it shows level. Then you lower the rear jacks to stabilize the whole trailer.
DO NOT use the rear jacks to actually lift the trailer, frame is not designed for that. You will see the rear end start to rise when extending the rear stabilizing jacks--that is the time to stop. Also, for long-term stability, it usually is best to have some blocks under the jacks to keep them from being extended to near maximum. I think you have said this is more/less permanent setup? If so, and you have a hydraulic leak, but system works (justs leaks) you can figure out how to place solid jacks under the frame to keep it from leaning if the jacks move.
I definitely need to redo my setup I guess, I will do that when I get home tonight. I have jack stands I used to use under my old RV, but I don't think they are high enough to reach the 5th wheel frame (at least not where the hydraulic jacks are). Would a king pin stabilizer be enough to hold the weight for side to side leveling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Second, the D/W was in the trailer from the factory and, sorry, can't remember the brand. It was located to right of the double sink and power/water/drain run to sink. The stove/oven put in was an Amana, nothing fancy, but my wife wanted an oven. The install could not be told from factory install, but you lose the 2 drawers below the cooktop for storage.
Yeah, wife already knows we are going to loose the 2 drawers. I've been looking at the Atwood stainless 21" so it matches the fridge right next to it.

For the dishwasher, i'm looking at the Fisher Paykel Stainless Drawer style. Our sink is not on the center island and is on the wall between the Kitchen living room, so looking to install at the bottom left of that.
astrahsburg is offline   Reply With Quote