View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
rotaxman

Welcome

Welcome JD

First off JD there are no dumb questions every one of use on this forum or for that matter any forum were at one time green horn newbies from what it sounds like to me you will fall right into this camping thing and be a seasoned veteran before you know it.

The first thing to decide is how big a truck you are willing to buy/drive. Once you figure out the truck then that will have a large bearing on what size a trailer you will be looking at.

If you are going to buy new that would make it somewhat easier to figure out what you want but not necessarily cheaper.

If you buy new all you would have to do is get with the wife and you two decide what floor plans you like that will be withing your trucks ratings. You would be able to do that by looking at different manufacturers websites and looking over the floor plans.

Also some of those floor plans may of have been out for some time so you might be able to find a used unit that has the floor plan that you two like.

As stated earlier by Stacey there are some very good buys to be had in the used market currently.

You mentioned that you had some trouble getting down and up I would be wanting a hydraulic or electric for that matter leveling system. That would make life a lot easier for you when it comes to setting up the trailer.

Also as previously mentioned the 4 step option is good we have it on our current junk 09 Mobile Suite and it does make entry a lot easier. You will find lots of times with a 3 stepper that first step up can sometimes be rather high not so much with the 4 step.

Hope this helps some notice I didn't say at the beginning.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750