View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
jdftwrth

Cheif 2 -

Thanks for the reply. I pretty much matched up what I had already figured out.

Went to one of the larger RV dealers down in Cleburn TX back in 2007 and spent 1/2 a day climbing in and out of the various RV's they had on their lot.

That danged sales man did his darnedest to get me to sign on the dotted line but like I told him at the outset of my visit, I was just looking.

This dealer had close to 100 5th wheel rv's on the lot and a huge service department.

Went back to the dealers location about 2 months ago and it was all closed down, went bust in 2009.

Had I had a proper tow vehicle I might have bought one of the units my wife liked but my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 was not suited for towing something that big.

Thought about a "motor home" but like most folks thats a little too pricy for my wallet.

Been looking at gm 3500 drw trucks down on the local lot, they have what I want but with the cost of fuel rising every day, don't want to make purchase decision yet.

So in the mean time I will continue doing my homework and digging deeper into the manufacturers of the various 5th wheel units. As I come up with questions that I can't answer for myself then it will be time to post on the forum.

There is a pretty popular RV camp ground about 10 miles south of me and I may wander down that way and poke around some.

Thanks.

JD
jdftwrth is offline   Reply With Quote