View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
rverdlm

Here is what I sent to Wingnut60. I didn't make it a general post because when I first posted about the issue noone seemed interested.

Yes, I fixed it myself. What I did was to jack up the slide by blocking under the outside end of the slide carrier and then jacking it with a bottle jack. This takes the weight off the outer roller. I then removed the roller assembly. This requires that you cut a hole into the belly cover and then remove the 1/4" bolt that holdes the cross shaft and the 2 bolts that hold the roller in place. I then disassembled the roller assembly and found that the 2 brass bearing bushings were totally gone. I then went to an electric motor repair shop and bought a peice of bronze bearing stock which I carefully cut in 2 and then pressed it into the end plates. I did this by heating the end plates and freezing the bearing stock. I then just reassembled everything. Total cost 3 bucks!!! You can also buy a new assembly from Lippert for something over $150. if that makes you more comfortable. Sorry I didn't take any pictures.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote