Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #18
Rockyhud

Glad I came across this post as I'm quite sure the original owner of our 5th wheel didn't know about this and never changed the fluid, not to mention that I'm quite sure the reservoir doesn't have the requisite amount of fluid in it now. BTW, is there a specific auto-tranny fluid to use? By that I'm referring to brand (GM, Mopar, Ford, etc.) because they each seem to have "special" ingredients best suited for their respective trannies.

Not to hijack this thread, but our hydraulic system also has some leakage occurring (droplets collecting at the lower-most outside curve of some lines, red fluid visible around some connections and between the bottom of the reservoir and plywood panel it all sets on as well as in the plywood itself). There's even some in the drip pan below. I've not found any definitive info about how to go about tightening the threaded connectors. There are several connection leaks, from the ones that connect the pump to what I refer to as a manifold or perhaps a spool valve to where the various hydraulic lines connect. Would it be a correct presumption that I should start tightening these, starting with the connections farthest from the pump and gradually work my way toward the pump? Does this make sense or is there a better method to follow? Any precautions I should be aware of?

I want to do the work myself so I know more about the RV and its systems. I also want to do the work so I know how well it's been done so I don't have to find out the hard way that someone else over-tightened connections and stripped the threads, making a bigger problem, now or later.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote