View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #17
Gemstone

"I am just puzzeled with an RV at six figures and some owner sticking rags in the slides to keep out the cold...mmm.".....

it was only 5 figures, and I use foam rubber...better'n rags.

Your point is well taken...most of us have found defects with our rigs....stupid stuff like the screws, like mis-wired entertainment components. hose clamps not tightened, heating duct work with no screws holding it in place....chances are that it's the same stunts that you'll find industry wide, with the exception of the New Horizons brand. I can't comment on the newer DRV's and how many issues the owners have had, but I know that our rig, manufactured when they had no QC department, had many issues that caused me to wonder about what we got for the money we spent. I will say that once we finished the job of building the rig (completing what the installers left undone), and fixing what the factory screwed up, the rig has been a joy to own and pull down the road. You'll find one of the best "R" factors, some of the best running gear, and some of the best cabinets used in the DRV product. Maybe by now they've found another supplier to replace the cheap faucets and kitchen sink....

Your best bet would be to camp out at the factory while your rig is being assembled....you be the QC supervisor...after all, it's your 6 figures.

Good Luck in your search...you have the right attitude

Flintstones huh....I resemble that remark...but it still only cost me $20K !

Regards
Gemstone