View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
Motor31

Osiebosie,

I don't know if I can be of assistance to you as I am one of those sales people.

My advise would be to get a direcway internet system installed in your house. Once you have done that you can contact a RV Dway installer (like me or any other one) and get the rest of the mobile system equipment. You can simply take the dish from your house or buy a used dish on e-bay (or something similar) to take with you on your travels. You will need a RV installer as we are the ones with the equipment to take Dway on the road. Direcway main installers only do home installations and can't train you on how to use the system on the road. You'll need to take a dish and the modem with you in the RV for traveling. You can't simply buy another modem to use as they will charge you for 2 accounts in that case.

You can also check out Motosat and Datastorm. They are also good systems but pricey and they are aimed at the RV market and not the home market.

Least expensive way to have internet on the road is to have a wifi card in your computer and hunt down a free "hot spot" and surf using their connection. Some places have free open spots, others like Flying J truck stops charge by the day, month or year for access at their location. You'll have to hunt for the wifi spots and there are a few places on the web to find a listing of them.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote