View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 06:59 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy W.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it? Sometimes things are not broke but are just under-engineered and could work a lot better. I added the Edge Juice Module to our 2003 GMC D/A and have been very pleased with the results. I can pull in overdrive on those short hills that used to call for a shift down to maintain my speed. No, I'm not one to drive over the speed limit and generally don't travel above 60. It works for us and I would do it again.
Stacy W, As you I also pull in OD and my Duramax drags my 32' Montana over short hills without down shifting. It also drags my rig over the mountains of Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina without any problems. In my opinion the only good "CHIP" is a Potato chip well maybe a Corn chip.

Back to the original question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loryray
DOES ANY ONE HAVE INFO ON BANKS FOR THE DURAMAX. CURRENTLY HAVE 3500 4X4 STOCK GET ABOUT 13MPG TOWING MS36TK3. 24K ON THE TRUCK.
loryray, Save your money. The Banks Chip will not improve on what General Motors has already built into the Duramax. AND if your Duramax/Allison is still under warranty adding the Chip will VOID that warranty.

On the road again in a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Extended Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide hitch to pull a 2004 Montana 2955RL 32' 5th Wheel
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote