View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 07:42 PM   #1
Yorick

Question Full-time living in a 5th Wheel

Hi Everyone.

My family of 4 is considering living in a fifth wheel full-time. We would tour around our beautiful country 4 to 6 months out of the year then park (with a full hookup) on my sister's 2 acres of land in Idaho. I would love to hear feedback and advice from all you experienced 5th wheelers.

Here's some info about us:
Me, my wife, and two kids. Wife and two kids are emigrating here from the Philippines and have been living in less than 300 sq. ft. poor-condition place. So, they are use to small spaces already. They are also very petite ladies. The 5th wheel will already be a major upgrade for them.

I've lived in a 2,500 sq. ft. house most of my life but grew up in the Philippines and go there often. So, I'm use to doing with less and actually prefer it.

I do my entire business from home (laptop and a second screen is all I need) during normal work hours. The kids would be doing online college for the first couple years. My wife creates crafts to sell online.

I thought that the best way to immerse them into the United States is to actually see the states rather than being stuck in one state (California... yuck!).

We will likely get a small dog to travel with us.

The plan:
Each trip would be one to two months long staying at a few different places for at least two weeks at a time (maybe a KOA). We would then tour the surrounding areas to experience the "local vibes" and scenery. We would then return to my sister's property in Idaho which will have a full hookup for us in a RV driveway build just for us. It will be a few yards away from a second house on her property built for visitors which we could use when it's not occupied. It will have a 1 bedroom and 1 full bath with a full kitchen and likely a washer and dryer as well.

The vehicle:
I'm considering to purchase one of the following:
I plan to pull it with a Dodge Ram 3500 or a 2500.

I would love to hear input, advice, thoughts, anything.... The more I learn, the better equipped I am to make the right choices.
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote