View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 08:45 AM   #1
OneReallyOldGuy

Water pressure/flow rate

This has me completely stumped. First some basic info;
The problem has persisted at three different RV parks. I’ve always had flow rate issues when two sources were drawing water at once, ie:showering when the washing machine was filling, etc. A few months ago I replaced my original water hose with a larger diameter to improve the flow rate. Shortly after that the issue worsened so I replaced my regulator with a model that has a gauge on it and I replaced my whole house water filter. The owner of the current park told me at check in that he’s running about 65psi so be sure to use a regulator. The regulator is set to 50psi. (DRV says 55psi max)
Most notably in the kitchen when I turn on the faucet I get a nice strong flow at first then it tappers off for 30 seconds or so till I’m left with a pencil thick stream. Turn off the faucet for a few seconds then back on and the process repeats.
Even more puzzling is when I flip on my water pump I instantly get a good strong flow which does not taper off at all until my water tank runs dry.
I doubt the hose or regulator is the problem. I disconnected from my water inlet the morning after I got here and washed the bugs off the front of the DRV. Never a drop in pressure.
Any help would be appreciated.
Phil
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote