View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
mwturner

Bought it in April, 05

I got it the last week in April 05 and have about 4,700 miles on it. I've noticed that right rear end getting covered with soot since the day I got it. Looking in the rear view mirrors I can't say I see a cloud of black smoke trailing behind, and have talked to my son who was behind us in his truck to and from Dallas and he said "I don't see anything". Now I will have to admit that when the DW hops in the pilot seat it's pedal to the metal until the next stop light. She drives like there's no tomorrow and I've seen that cloud of smoke come out the back when she smashes that accelerator down as soon as she leaves the driveway. She calls me "Turtle" or "Snail" or an "Old Pokie Fart" because I'm not in any rush to get anywhere. She say's she has to go to sleep when I drive because I put the cruise on 65 mph and watch the world go right on by. But that still doesn't explain why there is so much soot even after "OLD POKIE" drives. I have gone through about 10 tanks of gas from all over the place so that is not the problem. Now I have seen that cloud of black smoke when I have to pass and kick it into passing gear, but I figured that was supposed to happen. I can hear the dealer now, "You did by a Diesel, right? They smoke. Thats just the way a Diesel engine is. If you want an engine that doesn't smoke I'll be more than happy to sell you another truck with a HEMI this time".