View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
GTM

cap fix preventitive

Well I figured what the heck and jumped in yesterday afternoon and added a couple braces as a preventative fix. I found a couple heavy duty pre-drilled L brackets that fit nicely then drilled and bolted from both the top and bottom. Each bracket is about 18" from center.

For those that haven't had the issue it is possible for the rear interior wall to move back and forth. This flexing could cause your lower ends of the back cap to come loose. Other DRV owners found this and have corrected it by adding bracing between the bottom plate of the rear wall and the cross member on the frame. To access this area you will need to drop the spare tire and remove the plastic tub. Once you see the area to be braced you will see why. The bottom plate of the wall is not supported by anything so adding the braces provides support and should eliminate any side to side movement..

The repair itself wasn't that bad and probably would not of taken more than a few hours if I didn't have to make a few trips to the hardware store and my house for extra tools and supplies. Unfortunately I have to store the unit in a covered storage lot. No room at home.

Gary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200717_172605.jpg (179.5 KB, 50 views)
GTM is offline   Reply With Quote