View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #13
BigBoy2U

On my used unit the previous owner had broken the rivets. So I had to order the rivets, a light cover, and reflector. When I called Dometic the parts without rivets was over $50.00 and the rivets .....$5.00 EACH... There was no way I was spending $90 plus a minimum shipping charge of $20.00 to fix this. I find that $110.00 for a bunch of plastic crap that breaks within 3 years is absurd. The lens melted and so did the reflector and the bulb I pulled out was the original factory bulb.

Someone should put Dometic out of business, there is no reason for these rip off prices not to mention if you just need the plastic rivets you minimum charge for 4 is $40.00....yes thats right $40.00 for $1.00 of not less of plastic.

Now that it is "fixed" I get the sticky switch problem where the light will either stay on or not come on when the door opens. And the fact that the unit uses the bulb in the winter to heat the inside to make it keep cool is absurd.

I almost agree to rip it out and put in a regular fridge with no need for propane back-up. At least it would be more efficent not to mention 2x the space.
2005 DT, MS 36CK3 #1566, 95 F-350, Full Timer
BigBoy2U is offline   Reply With Quote