Thread: Leaks
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
Motor31

Update.

After an inch to 2 inches of rain yesterday it looks like I may have fixed the roof leak defintely. The window tentatively.

The roof was simple, remove the old caulk with a putty knife, insure there is clean surface and reapply a heavy bead of the proper caulk.

The window. I recaulked it as there were some small cracks in the caulk on the edges of the frame. I don't think it was leaking there as it wouldn't leak unless the water was streaming down the glass on the outer edge / side of the window. I pulled up the wide gasket on the lower window where it met the part of the window that actually opens (sliding upwards). There was a buch of dirt and debris in that area that looked like it was there since manufacture of the rig. (wood and gel coat chips) I cleaned up the gasketing strip and the area it seated into then put it in place making sure it seated fully on the bottom and lower sides. I also made sure the weep holes were unobstructed. So far no more leak.

The leak at the window was water streaming down the wall coming from under the wood trim of the window frame. I couldn't see any water in the top side of the lower window track or even the frame. It seemed the water was traveling under the metal window frame to the inside then down the wall. Since it traveled under the frame it was impossible to tell where it came in. Frustrating.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote