View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
tipanring

Flat Panel for Concetone POS

I've done some homework on the Concertone system that comes with most of the Forest River line of 5ers and TT's. The system is neat in that everything works on 12v DC. However, this causes problems down the road if things begin to break.

The Monitor is a Dual Function LCD computer monitor. This means it accepts VGA signals from a PC and also NTSC signal from TV. They also accept S-Video and D-sub. What it is NOT capable of is tuning. Therefore it needs to work in "concert" with the CONCERTONE unit. You'll also note the remote control does not operate the monitor. It requires 12VDC for power.

The Concertone unit does several things. It is a TV tuner, both air and cable, and it is a DVD player, AM/FM radio, CD player and most have the connection for a XM sattelite. Pretty neat setup, until something goes bad.

If you are thinking of replacing the monitor, you can purchase a flat panel tv but you need to connect the concertone signal to an AV input. THis would bypass the tuner in your new flat panel. Also, the new flat panel will need to be plugged in for power. If your floorplan is anything like mine, there is no 120VAC outlet convenient to the entertainment system. Remember the original Monitor is 12vdc

I've read lots of posts on other forums that bring up many problems from these units. One problem I've seen is that the dealer fails to properly educate the owner on its use. 5.1 surround sound is probably the main issue.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough about a post dating back more than a year, and I hope someone may find what I've put here usefull.
2003 Sierra Denali
tipanring is offline   Reply With Quote