View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #13
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchup View Post
Just left Rolling Retreats on Sat morning. All 3 AC's decided they didn't like the NM heat, so decided to quit when we fired them up after sitting for nearly 5 wks unplugged. Units 1 & 3 first and then Zone 2 in BR decided to blow up 5 days later.

Luckily, RR was on the way to reassignment in SE OK, so we dropped it off , headed to a Motel and didn't have to wait for their to arrival and installation.

While there, Alicia showed us a Continental Coach floor plan she is having ordered for RV/Trade shows. Too long for us at 43'+, but will have rear bath and huge kitchen. She and Slade are trying to work with Forks to get weight and pricing down to compete better with the Elite Suites.

We're still contemplating our options...
With regards to that above in bold letters, if I remember right, Slade told me that Forks RV had asked them what they (Forks) could do to sell more units. To me, that indicates that Forks is interested in finding a way to do more and sell more. Time will tell on that bit of speculation on my part.

Also, again if I remember right, Alicia told me that in the future, Forks RV would no longer take orders at the factory and that they had to be ordered through Alicia and Slade at Rolling Retreats. It says something when a custom builder seeks out and asks a dealer to become their exclusive dealership.

Larry, good luck with the Columbus. I've seen a few of those in both Twin Fountains RV Park in OKC (lived right next door to them) and here at Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort near Colorado Springs.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote