View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 04:28 AM   #21
WildJohn

light bulb

Okay!
I decided to take mine apart and change the bulb the other day... pulled off the board above the oven,,, no access cover... decided it could be behind the board with the metal bracket screwed to it..I thought if I pulled the 5 screws out I could get to it.. . DO NOT DO THAT... that is what is holding the whole microwave/convection oven up... I caught it.. and the D/W held it up while I put a screw back in... so the only access I could see was the front plastic louver/cover.. got that pulled off and saw the cover over the bulb but no obvious means of disassembly... pulled off several screws and brackets without success..
After about an hour of work I decided that it is much better not having a light come on when I open the door at night because it might awaken someone.. so I reassembled everything and it works just as it has for the last 10 or 11 months..I like it like that.!!
Obviously there are several models of these things in different rigs. Some with access doors and some without. And possibly with different part numbers.
I invite everyone to join me in protesting this problem by doing as I am doing.. without the light..
Enjoy,
John
gearmaster
backup cams
3KW Honda
6V battery bank w/inverters
WildJohn is offline   Reply With Quote