View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #4
Motor31

As a MS owner for almost 2 years I am seeing the end of the warranty period fast approaching and not liking it. The fact that DT has dropped the 2 year warranty is not a good indicator to me in the confidence they have in their product. My experience with the line is not the greatest but likely not quite the worst either with the quality of construction and the repairs I've had to make with the unit.

Another consideration is the weight of the unit and how much CCC each has. The MS lineup is rather heavy and IMO has a lower CCC than it should have for a full time unit. Putting things like granite in the interior is nice but it adds a lot of weight for little added value or benefit.

The bottom line to me is this. The floor plan is nice and like you, I find it's very easy to like. I would rather have had a livable floor plan that didn't need so many repairs or have so many failures in retrospect. If the Kountry Aire has a floor plan you can deal with and the warranty you indicate, I'd go with them all other things being equal. If the floor plan is really something you must have, your decision is really made.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote