View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #5
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by donshapansky View Post
We are certainly having teething issues. The refer doors will not stay closed and found most of the food items on the floor after only 50 miles. Turns out a bungie cord came to the rescue.
The fireplace latch is so weak it will not stay stowed, I don't see any adjustments for the catch.
I installed soft starts on the 3 A/C units and before I could set one to off after starting the generator at a rest stop it popped the breaker and the lunch stop was a total fiasco.
Fridge - velcro strap around the handles - should be standard. We also use the "spring bars" inside. And I use a couple of the clear plastic bins (available Lowes, not Home Depot).
If the bin is not full, for instance the beer bin is less then full I fill the spaces with cut pool noodles. I'll use pool noodle pieces on the door bins.

AC's - $15 soft start capacitors or the expensive micro air version?
Factory Onan 5500? That's only 22-23 amps per leg.
The AC's may hit 20 amps starting. As cummins mentioned the battery charger may also be a culprit.
Standard battery chargers could draw 8-12 amps AC
If you have the whole house inverter with the built in charger you could be drawing 15+ amps when it starts in bulk mode (capable of 125 amps DC)

Turn off the charger and water heater, find out which AC's are on which legs. Only turn on the two units (opposite legs)

Fireplace latch - do you have the fireplace drawer feature?
Mine fell out while being delivered to the dealer. 2 years later I am still finding the ball bearings that spilled out of the tracks.

If so, there is no adjustment, the retention is in the drawer guides, similar to household type guides.
The baby door clip is useless to hold that heavy drawer.

I drilled holes through the sides (measure multiple times) and use 4"x3/8" clevis pins.
Hint - drill from the cabinet side into the fireplace drawer, Before actually drilling through the fireplace drawer, push the drawer in, that way when the clevis pin is inserted the spring action will keep tension on it.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote