View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 04:23 PM   #10
stanleyz

Hi Diesel Gypsy. I'm a little late to this thread but I'm just in fresh from under my kitchen slide (05 36TK3), most likely they are the same as yours. I have the opposite problem on the opposite side from yours. When it is out, the inside top of my kitchen slide is about an inch or two from contacting the seals while the bottom is tight. At the end of each rail there is a vertical adjustment bolt. I had to get a mirror to see how it's in there but out of sight there is a nut attached and it appears that turning the visible bolt would adjust the vertical angle of the slide.

OK, I went out and took a picture. Look beneath the rubber hose and you will see a vertical bolt. I believe that to be the adjuster. I got my mirror and looked at it from the back and there is a nut back there that is permanently attached. So turn the vertical bolt clock wise and the top of the slide should move away from the trailer. In your case you want to turn counter clockwise to move the top toward the trailer. I would be sure to count the turns made because there are two of these and they will both have to be adjusted the same.

Now if you look above the hose you will see a nut above the adjuster. There are two of those on each slide rail, (one not visible in picture) four total. They will have to be loosened to let the adjustment happen, then tightened after. If you look closely you can see the rust where mine were before someone did an adjustment and caused the slide to be out of kilter.

Funny thing is I've had the unit 8 years and I didn't do it. It has been out of adjustment like that since I got it. It's never been a problem but I'm out of stuff to work on and thought I would see what I can do.

Let us know how you do or you can wait and I'll try mine first. I put plenty of penetrating oil on them just a bit ago and I'll probably take a shot at it tomorrow or Monday. I'll report back and let you know. Sorry this got so long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1219a.jpg (85.7 KB, 23 views)