View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
dalehandsome

Up until just a few days ago I had never heard of new Horizon. What sparked my curiosity was this quote from another site.

“The custom unit we built was priced in the same range as an Elite Suite once we optioned-up the Elite. While it may be spec’ed similarly, it certainly does not compare from a technical perspective – the New Horizon is a superior unit in almost every respect”.

After a little research, I discovered that the New Horizon Majestic has a 12” Steel I-Beam frame and it’s walls are the standard 2” with 1 ˝ high density closed cell foam insulation. The walls are around an R-8 and the floor and ceiling are, from what I can gather, around R-16. They do insulate the bottom of their slides which I like. They also use another term that I do not understand. “Laminated, pinch-rolled exterior walls, roof, and floors provide superior insulation and draft free interiors”. What is pinch-rolled?

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone knew how the Elite or Mobile Suites were ranked in rv.org?
dalehandsome is offline   Reply With Quote