View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #5
JustinChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
There is a Carriage section on this forum, somewhat inactive, that might hold some info for you...
Also, try here: https://carriage-lifestyle-owners.com/

the other forum wants me to pay before even seeing the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo Rudy's Roadhouse View Post
I would make sure all the calking is good on the roof and ropf is water tight. Make sure refrigerator and water heater burners are clean

It's rained a lot here, I'll go over and check for any water leaks. Are there any common areas/situations I should watch out for?

To check the burners, do you mean visually, or fire them up to test? I assume those are visible from panels outside? I'm considering replacing the water heater for a tankless one, but that may not happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone View Post
Stuff all floor penetrations with 0 steel wool to help keep mice out.
What climate do you intend to "full time" in ?

Regards
Gemstone

great tip for openings v mice!

I'm in the blue ridge mountains, in a national forest actually. RV will sit 20-30 feet from, but well above a creek. Moss and lichen grow everywhere around here. It gets cold, but not usually absurdly so, not for long. I will get some snow. In the summer, it doesn't usually get terribly hot here. I'm at about 2800 ft elevation.

I've already agreed to purchase, but am going tomorrow to do a thorough evaluation of what I'll need to deal with right away. It needs a bit of work, and the price allows for some bigger things to be wrong, but I'd still like to know what needs dealt with prior to problems escalating.

My biggest concern is the black tank situation. I've never dealt with this, and have read some horror stories, so I want to make sure everything is fine or fixable regarding this system before I take possession.

Any other things I should look for specifically? Common wiring problems, or other plumbing issues I should evaluate?
JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote