Thread: Our Version
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 12:19 PM   #8
CALinSC

Marinna, FL

I think the first thing I learned as a child; was how to catch fish, any kind. From then on everywhere I traveled I would find a place to fish. It was pretty easy to do while in the USN because we always lived near some kind of water. We lived in FL for 23 years before going full time RVing. There is lots of water throughout FL, with some providing a chance to set a new state record for some species.

I always carried an electric trolling motor in the RV. Many of the places we parked at had some good fishing waters nearby. They often had small rental Jon-boats Available. In the later traveling years, I got a roof top carrier for a small Walker Bay boat.

This was an early springtime stop at the Arrowhead RV Park at Marinna, FL, just off US-90. The RV Park is situated on the southern end of Merritt’s Mill Pond, a clear water pond that, in the past, had held the state record for redear sunfish. There are also 10# plus black bass there. However, I was after Black Crappie, the best eating of them all and nice sized when you could find them.

5 Arrowhead RV Park Marianna FL 1.JPG 5a Arrowhead RV Park Marianna FL 5.jpg

5b Arrowhead RV Park Marianna FL 6.JPG 5c Walker Bay 1.jpg

5d crappie[1].jpg