View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
GBill

Joe thanks for the reply. Near as I can tell the batteries are OK. One is showing 6.4V and the other is 6.5V. I don't own a hygrometer if I spelled that right. The voltage drop happens even when the leads from the converter are disconnected from the batteries. Really odd symptom. Just came back from Fla and lived in it a month with no trouble. Thanks for the offer on the recon but I think I'll replace this one with a 9280. I have the converter apart on my bench and it does show one pretty good hot spot on the board which may be normal but it did do a hard charge in Alabama on the way home and thinking back I didn't hear the fan at all and for that matter haven't heard it in a long time. Oh I did call the manufacturer. Talked to a women who then talked to someone and back and forth several times. I was told that they think "something is wrong with the converter". Really! Also because of it's age they wouldn't repair it but would sell me a reman at $200+. If I can repair it I'll keep for a spare like you and carry it around and probably never use it. Thanks again. PS Do you want a spare charge wizard. Brand new used 30 seconds. If so PM or Email me an address.
GBill is offline   Reply With Quote