View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #10
Motor31

It is possible to add a bit of a seal to the inside edge of the slides. It may or may not help with air and critter flow. I used the wide (1") door seal material you can get at the hardware store on the inside edge of the slide where it contacts the wall as it is flush against it. This only works on the top and sides though. I used the self adhesive part to put the seal on this inside edge of the seal mating surface itself. That way it's not just the sheet metal resting against the wall surfcace.

On the bottom edge of the kitchen slide, for additional insulation and air flow blockage, I take the hose insulation tubes from the hardware store and cut them in half lengthwise. I then stuff them under the bottom of the slide gap on the inside of the trailer. That helps diminish the cold air that frosts my toes at the desk.

I'm really disappointed in MS that they feel a single rubber wiper seal is adequate for both sealing the slide from the rain and air flow. Not putting an interior bulb seal is pretty poor design thinking in my opinion and certainly not indicative of an upper echelon quality full time 4 season RV.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote