View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 08:58 AM   #20
Motor31

47hook,

It's pretty plain that you are not interested in anything but your own opinion. Fair enough. You asked for references and I provided. I also told you that all I had available to be were excerpts and what I had to do to get a definition for the term "ascribed". I could just as easily not bothered to let you know about it.

Load and weight restrictions are based on the same kinds of limits for those who transport a load or tow an RV. They are limited by the certified limits of the vehicle in question. There are not going to be "RV" specific load limits since the limits are not restricted to commercial operations just like there are no exemptions for speeding just because the sign does not say RV's on it.

The laws regarding weight use the engineering data from the manufacturer when the vehicle is certified through DOT and the documentation of the capacity is the GVW and in the case of tow vehicles, also the GCVW. That documentation is the basis for determining the load limits for enforcement purposes. The OEM's DO tell you what the limits are. It's in the documentation the owner gets for the vehicle and also on the stickers supplied on the vehicle itself. Your trailer had one attached to the inside. It had the weight data to include CCC, unladen weight and GVW or max weight. Perhaps you might have seen it.

As to whether I weighed RV's and prosecuted an owner, nope. Didn't have the opportunity to do so and that is also irrelevant to the discussion.

I have done my part in the discussion and provided what you asked for. I doubt that I will have any chance to change your mind on anything so won't waste any more of my time trying to do so.

I am assuming your flying time is past. The instruction I got when getting my pilot's licence as well as my A&P didn't indicate that FAR's had any significant "stretch" to them. The FAA inspectors I spoke to while getting my certificates certainly didn't give me any indication like that.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote