View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #13
SuiteWheels

Well we have just returned from our first big trip in our 38RLS and towed it with our 1 ton dully/ Allison ....and it was just great!

We met another couple at the Oasis RV Resort in Las Vegas who had bought a MS and it was the last 06 38RLS off the line and he had towed his from Albama with the same Chevy 1 ton and he said .....he wouldn't have anything heavier....was very pleased and thought this Allison Transmission was the ONLY way to tow anything! Made me feel better as I was the one worried about not having a heavier TV....but d/h always said his new Chevy 1ton with added air bags and this transmission would do the job and do it good. I'm not going to worry any longer. We went to UT., AZ & NV and now heading home to CA.

Only thing bad that happened was he found a tear in one of the tires and thankfully we were parked or it could have maybe resulted in a blow out on the freeway. Fortunately we had purchased the Good Sam Road Service Ins. and they came out to the Resort within one hr. and changed the tire.
SuiteWheels is offline   Reply With Quote