View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #20
terry and jo

One other issue to bring up for you Jim. While the construction on the Domani might be very good (I'm no engineer), its weight could still be a problem. While is is a lot lighter than the DRV's, perhaps of even a 32-foot model, that weight could be a problem with high cross winds. I'd suggest that if you go that way that you always be sure and pay attention to the direction of the prevailing winds when you plan to be parked for a while, and to avoid traveling when you might have high cross winds.

Years ago, within the trucking industry, someone decided that aluminum cattle trailers would be excellent and allow bull haulers to carry more weight in cattle. They were fine when they were loaded, but if they were dead-heading and encountered high winds, they had to park them and face the front of the trailer into the winds.

Also, not that it's really an issue, the Mobile and Elite Suites have a 15" frame, not a 12" one. Also, while I don't doubt the construction of your house, we lived in tornado alley for most of our lives. We've seen tornadoes do strange things in tearing up one house and not damaging the one near it at all. Those things are totally unpredictable.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote