Thread: Type screw used
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 08:47 AM   #8
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCB View Post
My knowledge is limited and often any knowledge enough to get in trouble. But going on the theory that the only dumb question is the question that didn't get ask.
What type screws does DRV use in their assembly. It appears to be Stainless connecting fiberglass siding to the Aluminum stubs. Which is great from understanding if no moisture is present. I backed a screw out on the lower front cap, the screw appears to have had galvanic corrosion and aluminum transferred to stainless. From DRV factory visit, I don't remember any of the screw threads being coated before being used.
The down side of steel screws would be rust. Any solutions? Use #12 stainless screws to replace loose #10 screws?
Clay
Rest assured - they do not use stainless.

And no doubt they material used is the cheapest alloys imported from a particularly nasty communist country that recently tried to ot kill off the world's population.

You will also find along your structure travels, wood screws used in sheet metal, sheet metal screw used in wood, self tappers whenever they grab some, hex head drilling screws in wood and the shortest smallest hex head drilling screws I've seen holding up the corroplast.

Lots of staples and no glue and 17 boxes of carpet staples, with a good portion that were not seated and stick up just enough to find without shoes.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote