Thread: Slide question
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
Joezilla

Here is the final result after adding three quarts of fluid......

Okay, got up this morning and opened the door to the reservoir/battery compartment. While looking at the reservoir, I had Debbie raise the 4 rear jacks. The reservoir filled to near the opening. I ran and got a trash bag and encircled the end of the reservoir with the opening and then had Debbie start bringing in the two hydraulic slides. After that I raised the trailer to get it on the truck and then retracted the front legs for travel. After all that, I pulled out the trash bag and there was probably about a quart of fluid inside. The reservoir is still full, but I was glad we were able to travel will almost no delays today. I will be picking up a turkey baster either tonight in Merkel or tomorrow in Grand Prairie so that I can remove about an inch or so of extra fluid. I put a bunch of paper towels on top of the reservoir while we were traveling and when I checked them upon stopping, there was very little that had made it out of the reservoir during travel today. Turns out that I only needed to add one quart of fluid, not three.

I am once again a happy camper! Thanks to the friends on this forum and their willingness to share their knowledge, a pricey mobile serviceman call was avoided. I learned some more stuff about my rig in the process too.

Thanks again,

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote